Life and Health vs Property and Casualty Insurance
What advantages are there to life and health vs property and casualty insurance sales?
The advantages to selling any type of insurance lies within the individual agent. What are you comfortable with and what do you most believe in?
In some ways, all insurance agents deal with the same basic concepts of helping match their clients with the right coverage and policies for their individual (or group) needs and circumstances. In other ways, the actual differences in career, responsibilities, and work environment can vary greatly between the insurance lines that you issue (or even the company/companies that you work with).
The main thing to take into account is what you enjoy. If you enjoy working with investments, estate planning, family continuation, or business continuation, that'll be Life insurance. Health insurance interests include Medicare Supplement and Long Term Care needs as well as helping people get the type of insurance they need to meet their medical requirements. Property and Casualty would be for the agent who likes to deal more with tangibles such as covering people's home, business, auto, or boats. It also covers liability issues to protect people against lawsuits that might come their way.
One good thing about insurance is that even though there are a variety of environments you can find yourself in, depending on your company and lines you choose, the core skills and knowledge that you gain are easily transferrable to other paths within the same career space. If you decide to make a change later on, that transition does not always need to be excessively difficult.
As with anything else in life, proper preparation is one of the most important keys to finding success in your new career. Success in insurance sales is less related to what kind of insurance you are selling than to how you go about doing it.
What are the advantages to selling life and health insurance over property and casualty insurance?
Individuals considering becoming licensed to provide insurance should look into one of our many insurance licensing courses.
Get Continuing Education:
Related Insurance Agent Pages
- Health Prelicensing Materials for the Health Insurance License Exam
- Major Medical Insurance Health Licensing FAQ
- Indemnification/Risk/Policyowner CPMI Insurance Definitions
- Life Insurance Agents Finding a Career in Insurance
- Life Insurance Policies and Insurance Licensing Definitions
- If I am a health insurance agent, should I sell life insurance too?
- How Hard is it to Earn a Living as an Insurance Agent?
- What type of insurance agent should I be?
- What Type of Insurance Is Best For Starting Out?
- Which pays better, Property and Casualty or Life and Health?
- Insurance Career Training, Help, and Education
- What is the Difference in Income Between Different Types of Insurance?
- What insurance company should I work for?
- What is an Independent Agent? Insurance Career FAQ
- How to Become an Insurance Agent
- CPMI Pro Courses FAQs
What Your Colleagues Are Saying
“Thanks to your program and lots of studying I passed my Life & Health exams. Tell everyone to follow the instructions & study like your company advises. It sure seems to work.”
“Your Exam Advantage questions are really good preparation…You really helped me know what I was going to be up against.”
“Using your company has been a wonderful experience. Working with Exam Advantage has been one of the least stressful parts of my entire job! Thank you!”
“I want to thank you for your tips. I did exactly as you advised with the reading of the manual, online study & breaks, and no worrying I passed the test! Thank you!”
Your program really helped me focus on the material that had been difficult for me. I passed this time! Thank you!