Who Makes More - Life and Health or Property Agents?
What difference is there in income between the different lines?
When answering which line pays better, property and casualty or life and health, it is important to start with a disclaimer. These questions are always hard to answer. I heard a saying once that fits wonderfully here. Sales can be the best paying hard job or the worst paying easy job.
If you apply yourself in any of the areas, you can do well in either area and also be an ethical person (as in many professions, that last part can be especially important in insurance sales).
Remember that starting out in insurance, there can be fairly large discrepancies between salaries in the different insurance lines, for example, between life and health vs property and casualty insurance base incomes.
In terms of difference in income by line, life and health agents tend to have an easier time earning commissions upfront, while property and casualty practices are often more able to snowball over the course of a few years of hard work.
Always keep in mind that the best kind of agent to be is the kind that you will enjoy being. Make sure to study up on your future company, get to know your coworkers, and learn enough about the career that you will feel comfortable getting started.
Which kind of agent makes more, Property & Casualty or Life and Health?
Individuals considering becoming licensed to provide insurance should look into one of our many insurance licensing courses.
Get Continuing Education:
Related Insurance Agent Pages
- Health Prelicensing Materials for the Health Insurance License Exam
- Major Medical Insurance Health Licensing FAQ
- Indemnification/Risk/Policyowner CPMI Insurance Definitions
- Life Insurance Agents Finding a Career in Insurance
- Life Insurance Policies and Insurance Licensing Definitions
- If I am a health insurance agent, should I sell life insurance too?
- How Hard is it to Earn a Living as an Insurance Agent?
- What type of insurance agent should I be?
- Selling Life and Health vs Property and Casualty Insurance
- What Type of Insurance Is Best For Starting Out?
- Insurance Career Training, Help, and Education
- What is the Difference in Income Between Different Types of Insurance?
- What insurance company should I work for?
- What is an Independent Agent? Insurance Career FAQ
- How to Become an Insurance Agent
- CPMI Pro Courses FAQs
What Your Colleagues Are Saying
“Thanks to your program and lots of studying I passed my Life & Health exams. Tell everyone to follow the instructions & study like your company advises. It sure seems to work.”
“Your Exam Advantage questions are really good preparation…You really helped me know what I was going to be up against.”
“Using your company has been a wonderful experience. Working with Exam Advantage has been one of the least stressful parts of my entire job! Thank you!”
“I want to thank you for your tips. I did exactly as you advised with the reading of the manual, online study & breaks, and no worrying I passed the test! Thank you!”
Your program really helped me focus on the material that had been difficult for me. I passed this time! Thank you!